http://www.mintvalleyfcu.org/ Interview with loan officer Amanda Owen from Mint Valley Credit Union and TBFS Host Kevin Hunter, Author of “13 Car Buying Mistakes.” Top 7 things to know on how to get pre-approved on a car loan before car shopping. Whether you have good credit or bad credit, always start with your own bank or credit union first!
Amanda Owen from Mint Valley Credit Union, located in Longview Washington discusses the top seven (7) considerations you will need to make when you’re car shopping. They include the following:
1. Know your Budget
2. Know your Credit Score – How to get a FREE CREDIT REPORT!
3. Documents needed: Drivers License, Proof of Insurance, Pay Stubs, Debt Obligations, and References.
4. Co-Signer: Identify a good co-signer of your credit has been hurt lately, or if you have bad credit. This will save you money on interest rates, and make it possible to get a car loan.
5. GET PRE-APPROVED! This move can save you hundreds and thousands of dollars because the office a car dealer makes most of their money in happens to be with their loan officer!
6. Know WHAT kind of car or truck you want, and know what the approximate market value is. Car buyers who are informed make smarter decisions and are much better negotiators.
7. Know your Trade-in value. You can call dealers to get an approximate value on your trade before you ever set foot on a car lot.
Amanda Owen from Mint Valley Credit Union was our special guest for this interview. A special thanks to Amanda and to Mint Valley Credit Union for allowing Amanda to participate and share this important information with car buyers! Many car shoppers have no idea where to turn when it’s time to buy a car. They worry about credit scores, or wonder if they have good credit or bad credit. How do you know? This simple advice video shares with you the steps you’ll take to get a pre-approval on a car loan, allowing you to car shop with confidence.
Why is a pre-approval so important? It’s simple: If you are no longer worried about what type of financing you can get approved for, you can put your attention to negotiating the best possible car deal for you. Once you have a price for your new car and your trade-in established, you don’t have to worry about the unnecessary hassle the dealer will put you through in the finance office. Did you know that approximately 50% of all dealer profits are made after the sale of the car? That’s right! It happens right in the finance office, and unprepared car buyers get taken advantage of while signing a car contract.
Concerned about the future of Cowlitz County? Contact www.citizencommissioner.com and share your ideas today!